New Procedures Implemented at City of Madison Sunrise Golf Course
Madison, IN— Effective immediately and continuing until the City of Madison is released from Governor Holcomb’s Public Health Emergency Declaration, new procedures at Sunrise Golf Course will be implemented to protect golfers and the community from the spread of COVID-19.
The new procedures are as follows:
- Golf daily from 8 a.m. -2 p.m. by tee time only. No choose-up games.
- Only one person allowed in the clubhouse at a time for registration
- Only one person allowed at the grill at a time. Carry-out only.
- No crowding of golfers or carts. Golfers must observe social distancing requirements of 6ft separation.
- One person per cart only, unless individuals are from the same household.
- No handling of pin flags or ball washers.
Signage with rules will be placed on each hole and there will be a course marshal in place to assist golfers.
“We believe these procedures will allow the continued operation of the golf course while providing safety for those enjoying outdoor recreation,” said David Stucker, Director of Parks and Recreation.
“Safety for our entire community is our top priority. We are asking all residents who are enjoying outdoor recreation, whether that be golfing, walking, hiking, or playing basketball to do so in a manner that respects the social distancing standards we are supposed to be following. We will continue to take necessary action to protect our community,” said Mayor Bob Courtney.
If anyone has questions about these new procedures, please call the Sunrise Pro Shop at 812-265-8334 or the Parks Department at 812-265-8308.